The OMH Scattered Site supportive housing program provides bundled service and operating funding in NYS. This program is also referred to as OMH Supported Housing
Tenant Eligibility Criteria
The most recent 2023 RFPs prioritize people experiencing homelessness and re-entry populations outside of New York City. A mental health diagnosis is not required.
Nonprofit providers of permanent supportive housing.
Ranges between $18,000/year to $30,000/year per unit for rent and services, depending on location. Applicants may apply for 25 units for homeless adults in 10 locations and between 10 and 25 units for re-entry in 7 locations.
Contracts are awarded for five (5) years, and will likely renew.
For the Homeless Adult RFP
|RFP Release Date||08/09/2023|
|Questions and Answers Posted on Website||09/14/2023|
|Proposals Due by 2:00:00 p.m. EST||09/27/2023|
|Anticipated Award Notification||10/30/2023|
|Anticipated Contract Date||01/01/2024|
For the Re-Entry RFP
|RFP Release Date||08/16/2023|
|Questions and Answers Posted on Website||09/21/2023|
|Proposals Due by 2:00:00 p.m. EST||10/18/2023|
|Anticipated Award Notification||11/17/2023|
|Anticipated Contract Date||02/01/2024|
- Programs will be required to accept referrals from Safe Options Support (SOS) Teams, Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Teams and prioritize Assertive Outpatient Treatment referrals
- Tenants pay 30% of their income toward rent. Additional funding, up to $2,000 per unit, will be available to accelerate tenant move-ins and can be used to cover tenant portion of the rent.
- Earlier in 2023, an OMH RFP prioritized homeless people living on the streets or subways in New York City. A mental health diagnosis was not required.
- Renting studio or one-bedroom apartments is required under this initiative, except in the rare instance where a consumer wishes to live with another resident.
- Diversity and Inclusion is included in the scoring criteria.
- OMH funds over 19,000 units of scattered site housing in New York State.
For More Information
To view the most recent homeless adult RFP, click here.
To view the most recent re-entry adult RFP, click here.
Contract Management Specialist II
New York State Office of Mental Health
Contracts and Claims 7th Floor
44 Holland Avenue Albany, NY 12229
Last updated: 09/11/2023