Did You Know:
The Network operates, first and foremost, on behalf of its members: the supportive housing providers of New York State. We exist, like supportive housing residences themselves, to help foster a sense of community.
For information on membership in the New York City, Long Island, or Westchester area, please email or call Joelle Ballam-Schwan at (646) 619-9645. Upstate New York organizations looking for more information should email or call Stephen Piasecki (518) 465-3233) at the Network's Albany office.
Membership benefits include:
- Participation in our multi-year Capacity Building Initiative through trainings, technical assistance, forums and convenings with public, private and nonprofit stakeholders.
- Access to a wide range of consultants to fit your organizational needs.
- Access to the largest and most innovative supportive housing community in the country.
- Assistance with siting new residences and gaining community acceptance.
- Advocacy related to funding, public policy and regulations at the City, State and Federal levels.
- Analysis of policies that affect supportive housing development and operation.
- State and federal legislative/action alerts.
- Discounted admission to the Network’s Annual New York State Supportive Housing Conference, the largest supportive housing conference in the country.
Discounted tickets for the Network’s annual Awards Gala.
- Access to NYC monthly meetings for providers serving youth and family in supportive housing to help work through pressing matters, collaborate with other providers and distill issues to center the Network’s policy advocacy.
City, State and Federal budget analyses.
Access to the latest research pertaining to supportive housing.
- The opportunity to nominate a tenant of the year at the Network’s annual Awards Gala.
- Access to the Network’s staff to help answer questions regarding advocacy, research, policy, training, communications and working with the media.
- Access to the Network’s 200-plus nonprofit members and 100-plus corporate and affiliate members.