NYS Empire State Supportive Housing Initiative (ESSHI) - Scattered Site
This program provides service and operating funding for scattered site supportive housing across NYS.
Total Annual Award
Funding for up to 500 units will be awarded through this RFP.
Tenant Eligibility Criteria
The ESSHI Interagency Workgroup released two RFPs targeting
- adults with Serious Mental Illness (SMI), and
- adults SMI reentering the community from prison, also known as Forensic.
Nonprofit social service providers with OMH experience are eligible to apply.
Funding Award Details
Unit allocation - In total, up to 500 units may be awarded through the 2019 scattered site RFP.
- NYC region: 300 units - 150 Forensic units and 150 SMI units
- Rest of State: 200 units - 100 Forensic units and 100 SMI units
- NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Orange Counties: up to $25,000 per unit
- ROS: up to $20,000 per unit in all other areas of the State, as applicable.
Contracts will be for 5 years from award date.
- RFP Release Date 1/25/19
- Questions Due 2/8/19
- Questions and Answers Posted on Website 2/22/19
- Proposals Due by 4:00:00 p.m. ET (Eastern Time) 3/7/19
- Anticipated Award Notification 4/12/19
- Anticipated Contract Date 8/1/19
These RFPs for 500 units are in addition to the annual ESSHI RFP for congregate supportive housing, which should be released in the spring.
For More Information
All questions or requests for clarification concerning the RFP shall be submitted in writing to the Issuing Officer by email at Carol.Swiderski@omh.ny.gov by 2/8/18.
Proposals should be submitted through Grants Gateway.
Last updated: 03/29/2019
Did you know…
Supportive housing for youth aging out of foster care can generate a lifetime net savings of $90,000 in public sector money for every young adult.