HCR Releases Unified Funding Round Request for Proposals
Includes 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
The competitive round of funding that includes 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) has been released. This is a major source of funds to develop supportive housing to meet New York State’s commitment to build 6,000 units of supportive housing over five years. That commitment is demonstrated by an increase in the supportive housing set aside for LIHTC, from $4 million to $5 million out of an estimated total of $28 million.
Other capital resources are available through the Unified Funding Round, including:
- Supportive Housing Opportunity Program (SHOP) - $35 million
- Housing Trust Fund (HTF) - $65.2 million
- NYS HOME Program - $7 million
- Rural and Urban Community Investment Fund (CIF) - $44.9 million
- Middle Income Housing Program (MIHP) - $16 million
- Homes for Working Families (HWF) - $4 million
- Public Housing Preservation Program (PHP) - $10 million
- Multifamily Preservation Program (MPP) - $15 million
- New York State Low Income Housing Tax Credit (SLIHC) – $4 million
There are three separate deadlines for the application, including one specific to shovel-ready supportive housing projects:
- Early Award Projects – by 5:00 PM, October 5, 2017
- Early Round Empire State Supportive Housing Projects (ESSHI) – by 5:00 PM, November 7, 2017
- Other capital applications – by 5:00 PM, December 5, 2017
Supportive housing projects not ready for the early round may apply before the regular deadline of December 5, 2017.
For Network Members, those with ESSHI conditional awards who are new to this funding opportunity, please contact Steve Piasecki at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional resources.
| More Posts about: What's New, New York State