Supportive Housing in New York State

New Yorkers outside New York City have several options to access supportive housing. Consult the following resources to learn more.

If you’re Seriously Mentally Ill: Single Point of Access (SPOA) housing

Here’s a database of all New York State Office of Mental Health Housing and Services. You can search the housing section by county.

If you're a veteran

Veterans can access supportive housing through the HUD-Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH) program. To apply for a VASH voucher, contact your nearest VA medical center. To find the one closest to you, visit this webpage.

Continuum of Care

Continuums of Care (CoCs) receive funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to help end homelessness nationwide. New York has 24 CoCs across the state. See this database to find the one nearest you.