Other Housing in New York State

Those ineligible for supportive housing still have many housing options in New York State.

Affordable Housing

NYHousing Search provides a registry of accessible housing units from across New York State. Users can search for housing by location and/or by specific income, age or disability requirements. Most of these units are affordable in nature.

Departments of Social Service

New York has 58 local Departments of Social Services across the state. For a complete listing, see here.

If you're a veteran

Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness can call the US Department of Veterans Affairs’ National Call Center for Homeless Veterans hotline. The number is 1-877-4AID-VET (877-424-3838). Learn more about the National Call Center at the VA’s website

To find veterans housing options near you, use this tool at the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans website.

If you're seeking temporary assistance

The New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) offers resources for individuals in an emergency and/or in need of temporary assistance. Homelessness and risk of eviction are both included as examples of emergencies. To learn more, see OTDA’s website.

If you're a young adult

1-800-RUNAWAY offers information for youth looking for housing. Visit the organization’s website or call them at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

If you're seeking legal services

LawHelp offers housing-related legal services.