New York City
NYC 15/15 Scattered Site program provides service and operating funding for providers of scattered-site housing in NYC.
Tenant Eligibility Criteria
- Population Option 1 – Chronically homeless single adults or adult families with a head of household who has a serious mental illness, a substance use disorder, or co-occurring SMI and SUD.
- Population Option 2 – Chronically homeless families with children with a head of household who has a serious mental illness, a substance use disorder, or co-occurring SMI and SUD.
- Population Option 3 – Young adult individuals (ages 18-25 years) who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with high service utilization of Department of Homeless Services (DHS), Dept. of Youth and Community Development – Runaway Homeless Youth (DYCD RHY), or Administration of Children’s Services (ACS) Foster Care and have risk factors including but limited to: duration and episodes of homelessness, health and/or behavioral health conditions, complex trauma, vocational/educational challenges, and other barriers to independent living.
Eligible contractors are nonprofit service providers, pre-qualified in the HHS Accelerator system, with a minimum of five (5) years experience in client intake and assessment, service delivery using evidence-based and evidence-informed practices, locating and renting apartments, hiring and managing support staff, managing contract budgets, collecting data, and implementing program evaluation protocol.
- Single adults with SMI and/or SUD: $10,000 per person
- Adult families with SMI and/or SUD: $10,000 per unit
- Adult families with children with SMI and/or SUD: $19,200 per unit
- Young adult individuals (ages 18-25): $20,669 per person
Operating funding is in addition to service funding listed above. It will not exceed 2017 Fair Market Rent (FMR), plus a 2% annual escalator for each year from 2017 to the year of contract signing.
The anticipated contract term will be five (5) years, with one (1) four (4) year renewal option. While HRA is the lead procurement agency for this RFP, contracts will be managed by NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
This is an open-ended Request for Proposals (RFP). Proposals must be downloaded from and submitted through NYC HRA HHS Accelerator system.
The target populations for this procurement, and the overall total unit targets within the NYC 15/15 program are:
- Single adults with SMI and/or SUD: 5,013
- Adult families with SMI and/or SUD: 633
- Adult families with children with SMI and/or SUD: 982
- Young adult individuals (ages 18-25): 247
- Young adult families (head(s) of household ages 18-25): 90
For More Information
Patricia Dawson, Director of Supportive and Affordable Housing
Department of Social Services
Last updated: 08/30/2019