NYC 15/15 Congregate Services
New York City
Total Annual Award
The total annual award will depend on applications and available funding. Per unit service funding varies by population.
Tenant Eligibility Criteria
- Population Option 1 – Chronically homeless single adults or adult families with a head of household who has a serious mental illness, a substance use disorder, or co-occurring SMI and SUD.
- Population Option 2 – Chronically homeless families with children with a head of household who has a serious mental illness, a substance use disorder, or co-occurring SMI and SUD.
- Population Option 3 – Young adult individuals (ages 18-25 years) who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with high service utilization of Department of Homeless Services (DHS), Dept. of Youth and Community Development – Runaway Homeless Youth (DYCD RHY), or Administration of Children’s Services (ACS) Foster Care and have risk factors including but limited to: duration and episodes of homelessness, health and/or behavioral health conditions, complex trauma, vocational/educational challenges, and other barriers to independent living.
- Population Option 4 – Young adult families with children or pregnant women 18-25 where the head of household is homeless or at risk of homelessness with high service utilization of DHS, DYCD RHY, or ACS Foster Care and have risk factors identified in Population Option 3.
Eligible contractors will be nonprofit service providers, pre-qualified in the HHS Accelerator system, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in client intake and assessment, service delivery using evidence-based and evidence-informed practices, hiring and managing support staff, managing contract budgets, collecting data, and implementing program evaluation protocol.
Funding Award Details
The NYC 15/15 program will include 7,500 congregate units
The target populations for this procurement are:
Single adults with SMI and/or SUD: 5,155
Adult families with SMI and/or SUD: 341
Adult families with children with SMI and/or SUD: 654
Young adult families with children or pregnant women (ages 18-25): 361
Young adult individuals (ages 18-25): 989
Service Funding Per Unit:
- Single adults with SMI and/or SUD: $17,500
- Adult families with SMI and/or SUD: $17,500
- Adult families with children with SMI and/or SUD: $28,738
- Young adult families with children or pregnant women (ages 18-25): $28,738
- Young adult individuals (ages 18-25): $25,596
Rental assistance to support the projects will be funded outside this RFP. Types of rental assistance may include: Section 8, Continuum of Care, or the new NYC 15/15 Rental Assistance, which will be administered by HPD and awarded through a separate process.
The anticipated contract term will be for 5 years with one (1) four (4) year renewal option. While HRA is the lead procurement agency for this RFP, contracts will be managed by NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).
This is an open-ended Request for Proposals (RFP) for 7,500 units of congregate housing in NYC. Proposals must be downloaded from and submitted through NYC HRA HHS Accelerator system.
Preliminary awards will expire within two years if site control is not obtained. Final awards are based on site control, as evidenced by a deed, purchase and sale agreement, ground lease, option or site authorization letter.
Please note that this RFP and the rates listed above do not include rental assistance. Rental assistance will be obtained through a separate process.
For More Information
Last updated: 07/28/2017
Did you know…
Placing just 25 chronically homeless individuals in supportive housing saved the city of San Diego $7 million.