The Network operates, first and foremoest, on behalf of its members: the supportive housing providers of New York State. We exist, like supportive housing residences themselves, to help foster a sense of community.
For information on membership in the New York City, Long Island or Westchester area, please email or call (646-619-9640 x 5) Wren Longno. Upstate New York organizations looking for more information should email or call (518-465-3233) Stephen Piasecki in the Network's Albany office.
As members of the Network, organizations receive the following benefits:
- Advocacy related to funding, public policy and regulations at the City, State and Federal levels.
- Analysis of policies that affect supportive housing development and operation.
- City, State and Federal budget analyses.
- Access to the latest research pertaining to supportive housing.
- State and federal legislative/action alerts.
- Discounted admission to the Network’s Annual New York State Supportive Housing Conference, the largest supportive housing conference in the country.
- Assistance with siting new residences.
- Access to the Network’s 200-plus nonprofit members and 100-plus corporate and affiliate members.
- Access to the Network’s database of supportive housing, the only repository of information about all the supportive housing in New York State.
- Possible inclusion of agency information in Network materials, including residence profiles on our website.
- The opportunity to nominate a residence, neighbor or tenant of the year at the Network’s annual Awards Gala.
- Discounted tickets for the Network’s annual Awards Gala.
- Discounted tickets for the Network’s annual statewide Conference.
- Access to the Network’s staff to help answer questions regarding advocacy, research, policy, training, communications and working with the media.
- Access to the Network’s workshops and forums held throughout the year.