In November 2005, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Governor George Pataki signed NY/NY III, committing to create 9,000 units of supportive housing for a variety of disabled homeless people in New York City over ten years. The Agreement marked the largest commitment to creating housing for homeless people in the nation's history.
NY/NY III Resources
- Read the official agreement here.
- Read a 2014 report that assesses the agreement here.
- Read the 2013 Supportive Housing evaluation by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene here.
- Read Taking Stock of NY/NY III Agreement
- Read about the Nine Key Achievements of the NY/NY III Agreement