NYS HCR Unified Funding Round RFP 2017
The competitive round of funding that includes 9% Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) has been released. This is a major source of funds to develop supportive housing to meet New York State’s commitment to build 6,000 units of supportive housing over five years. That commitment is demonstrated by an increase in the supportive housing set-aside for LIHTC, from $4 million to $5 million out of an estimated total of $28 million.
Other capital resources are available through the Unified Funding Round, including:
- Supportive Housing Opportunity Program: $35 million
- Housing Trust Fund: $65.2 million
- New York State HOME Program: $7 million
- Rural and Urban Community Investment Fund: $44.9 million
- Middle Income Housing Program: $16 million
- Homes for Working Families: $4 million
- Public Housing Preservation Program: $10 million
- Multifamily Preservation Program: $15 million
- New York State Low Income Housing Tax Credit: $4 million
There are three separate deadlines for the application, including one specific to shovel-ready supportive housing projects:
- Early Award Projects – by 5:00 PM, October 5, 2017
- Early Round Empire State Supportive Housing Projects (ESSHI) – by 5:00 PM, November 7, 2017
- Other capital applications – by 5:00 PM, December 5, 2017
Supportive housing projects not ready for the early round may apply before the regular deadline of December 5, 2017.
To read the full RFP and access other resources on HCR’s website please click here.
- ALBANY – Friday, September 8: 10:00 am, Hampton Plaza Ballroom, 38-40 State Street
- NYC – Monday, September 11: 10:00 am, 5th Floor Hearing Room, 25 Beaver Street (Seating is very limited, so if you wish to attend, you must pre-register by contacting Ms. Eneida Ramos at 212-480-7165 or by email at Eneida.Ramos@nyshcr.org, between the hours of 9:00am to 4:00pm.)
- ROCHESTER – Thursday, September 7: 10:00 am, Rochester City Council Chambers, City Hall – Rm 302, 30 Church Street
For Network Members, particularly those with ESSHI applications pending who are new to this funding opportunity, please contact Steve Piasecki at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional resources.