Although homeless families far outnumber homeless individuals, studies indicate that the vast majority could permanently escape homelessness if they had affordable (usually subsidized) housing. The following are studies on the need for and effects of supportive housing for families.
- Keeping Families Together
Metis Associates, 2010
- Understanding Family Homelessness in New York City
Vera Institute of Justice, 2005
- Supporting Vulnerable Families in Permanent Housing
Child Welfare Journal, 2004, Carol S. Cohen et al.
- Financial Implications of a Chronically Homeless Family
Family Housing Fund, 2000
- A Model for Housing Homeless Families
Family Housing Fund, 1999