What's New News Archive
- The Network Testifies at NYCC Charter Revision Commission About ULURP
The Network testified at the Charter Revision Commission on the means for achieving a more efficient Uniform Land Use Review Procedure (ULURP) while increasing community engagement.
- The Network Testifies to NYS Legislature About Rent Regulation for Scattered Site Supportive Housing
The Network proposed a critical amendment to a bill to provide rent stabilization provisions to scattered site units in New York City.
- Supporters, Developers, and Government Cheer Residents’ New Home in the Bronx
New tenants are the guests of honor at an event celebrating 64 supportive housing units out of 74 units total at Undercliff Avenue.
- Comunilife Celebrates 54 New Units of Supportive Housing at Woodhull Residence in Brooklyn
After 13 years of work and collaboration, the nonprofit and partners transform a former NYC Health + Hospitals parking lot into 89 units of affordable housing.
- The Network Gathers to Celebrate the Past Year in Supportive Housing
Nonprofit providers, city officials, architects, developers, funders, and other community members gather over drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
- Catholic Charities of New York Rings In the Opening of St. Augustine Terrace
Where a Catholic parish church once stood, Catholic Charities opened St. Augustine Terrace, an affordable housing apartment that includes 35 units of supportive housing served by Beacon of Hope.
- The Network Hosts Siting Workshop for Members
Over 20 Network members joined for a morning of in-depth presentations and interactive exercises exploring strategies for siting a new supportive housing residence.
- DePaul’s Skybird Landing Apartments Opens Doors to Residents
Thirty new units of supportive housing open for residents in the Village of Geneseo.
- The Network Offers Analysis of the Final NYS 2019-2020 Budget
The final NYS budget was passed and largely reflected what was proposed by the Governor in January for the areas of housing and human services. The Network offered a budget analysis for its members.
- Network Testifies to New York City Council about Insufficient Rates for Existing Supportive Housing
Network testimony to the Committee on Finance underscored $20M need in the 2020 preliminary budget for DOHMH scattered site supportive housing programs.