As part of its advocacy efforts, the Network regularly testifies at City Council committee and budget hearings to influence policy decisions and protect funding sources to the benefit of supportive housing. Network staff members have delivered the following testimonies before New York City government agencies and officials. Also see below for a growing list of testimonies from our members.
- December 17, 2018, Testimony to the New York City Council Committee on General Welfare
The Network testifies at a hearing on a bill that would require city agencies to post shelter, supportive housing and cluster site data.
- November 15, 2018, Testimony to the New York City Council Committee on Contracts
The Network testifies on the impact of delayed contract registrations and payments on supportive housing nonprofits.
- April 24, 2018, Testimony to the New York City Council Committee on General Welfare
The Network testifies during a hearing on progress towards the NYC 15/15 plan.
November 20, 2017 New York City Council General Welfare and Housing and Buildings Committees
The Network testifies on HPD’s new Rental Assistance Program, a key aspect of the NYC 15/15 plan.
April 20, 2017 New York City Council General Welfare Committee
The Network testifies during a hearing on the formation of an interagency coordinating council to combat homelessness.
- January 19, 2017 New York City Council Committees on General Welfare & Housing and Buildings
The Network testifies during a hearing on the benefits of supportive housing to communities.
- April 16, 2015 New York State Senate Task Force on the Delivery of Social Services in New York City
The Network testifies during a hearing on the status of social service delivery in New York City.
For Network testimony from earlier years, please contact Rebecca Sauer.