NYS HCR Announces 2018 Unified Funding Awards
Network members are involved in 14 funded projects across the state, and over a fifth of the total units funded are supportive housing.
On May 17th, NYS HCR announced its 2018 Unified Funding Awards. In addition to the three supportive housing projects funded in the early round announced in January, there were 15 projects awarded in the regular round, bringing the total number of supportive housing units to 484 — 22% of the total residential units funded. Network members are involved in 14 separate projects across the state.
- In Sullivan County, Access: Supports for Living, Inc. will provide supportive services to 21 people in Golden Ridge IV, a larger 81-unit affordable housing complex.
- In Buffalo, Community Hope Builders are building a 59-unit residence with BestSelf providing support services in 35 units.
- In Southampton, Concern for Independent Living will be developing 60 residential units of which 25 will be for formerly homeless veterans.
- In LeRoy, DePaul is developing a 60-unit supportive building with half the units set aside as supportive.
- In the Bronx, Dunn Development is developing an 80-unit building with over half of the units set aside as supportive; services will be provided by CAMBA.
- In the Bronx, HELP USA is developing over 70 units of housing with 44 supportive units.
- In Endicott, Broome County, Housing Visions Unlimited is partnering with YWCA of Binghamton and Broome County to develop 61 units of affordable housing with 15 supportive units.
- In Ithaca, Lakeview Health Services will be building a 60-unit building with 18 of the units set aside for supportive housing.
- In Blasdell, Erie County, People Community Housing Development Corp. is developing a 33-unit building with seven units aside as supportive.
- In the Bronx, Postgraduate Center for Mental Health will be providing 90 units of affordable housing with 60 units set aside as supportive.
- In Elmira, Providence Housing Development Corporation will build a 37-unit building and Catholic Charities of Chemung and Schuyler will provide services in more than half of the units.
- In the City of Newburgh, RUPCO will provide 62 affordable units, with 10 units set aside as supportive.
- On Long Island, in the Village of Freeport, Nassau County, Selfhelp Community Services, Inc. will create 45 units of affordable housing, including 14 supportive units.
- In the Bronx, Urban Pathways, Monadnock Development, and SoBRO are partnering to provide 95 units of housing with 60% of the units set aside as supportive.
Congratulations to all our members receiving funding in this round!
| More Posts about: What's New, Funding, New York State, New York City, Member News