Categories: New York City
The updates improve provider and client ability to monitor applications, view appointments, update case information, and more.
The NYC Department of Social Services – Human Resources Administration (HRA) recently announced several new features to ACCESS HRA, their web-based and mobile platform providing SNAP and TANF recipients easy access to HRA benefits. One of the latest features is the Access HRA Provider Portal, a new way for providers – with client permission – to gain access to their clients’ HRA account to improve services.
The ACCESS HRA Provider Portal will allow providers to:
- Monitor the status of new applications, recertifications, and active HRA cases.
- View upcoming appointments at HRA centers.
- Check EBT balance and upcoming payments for clients.
- Update case information, including mailing address, phone numbers and/ or preferred language.
- Read HRA notices to the client.
- View a list of submitted and outstanding eligibility documents.
- Request a budget letter.
- Identify, and alert clients to, outstanding issues and upcoming actions needed.
Service providers must submit a request to the DSS Outreach & Advocacy Team to become a Provider Portal partner (or learn if the provider is already a portal partner), then sign a Memorandum of Understanding. Providers can attend or request hands-on training on the portal by visiting the HRA Provider Tools page. Comprehensive information about ACCESS HRA Provider Portal can also be found in the Provider Portal User Guide.
In late September, the HRA also released updates to the ACCESS HRA Client Portal, including:
- Cash Assistance special grant requests can now be submitted for additional grant types.
- Clients can now answer an optional questionnaire regarding their Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
- Clients will now see an alert to register to vote.
- Clients who use the ACCESS HRA mobile app can now log in via facial or fingerprint recognition.
More screen images of the new Client Portal features can be found in the Quick Guide.
HRA released ACCESS HRA, and in the years following has worked on improving it and developing a mobile app for greater convenience.