In the Media
As an innovative solution to the problem of chronic homelessness, supportive housing is the regular subject of news stories in New York and across the country. The following articles, videos and blog posts represent just a sample of the recent and/or seminal press related to supportive housing.
- Ambitious Call for De Blasio, Cuomo to Build Supportive Housing
City Limits reviews Mayor De Blasio's and Governor Cuomo's plans for expanding supportive housing in New York City and New York State.
- Supportive Housing: Solutions Beyond Shelter for the Chronically Homeless
MetroFocus reports on supportive housing in the Bronx, highlighting Palladia's Fox Point and Common Ground's Prince George.
- First Development in NYC Under N.Y.‘s Medicaid Redesign Program Nears Completion
A positive review of the first supportive housing development financed via New York's MRT Program.
- Take This Apartment and Call Me in the Morning
WNYC explores New York's efforts to invest Medicaid savings to build supportive housing
- More Than 130 Groups Rally for Supportive Housing Agreement
Capital New York covers the launch of the Campaign 4 NY/NY Housing.
- Child Welfare Effort Avoids Taking Kids from Home by Giving them One
City Limits runs an in-depth piece on supportive housing and the Keeping Families Together (KFT) program.
- Program to End Homelessness Among Veterans Reaches a Milestone in Arizona
The New York Times refers to a federal supportive housing program as the "backbone" of America's effort to end veteran homelessness.
- What If It Does Happen In Your Back Yard?
The Minneapolis Star Tribune visits a once-contested supportive housing residence to find that "things didn't turn out so badly."
- Want to Keep People Out of the Hospital? Make Sure They Have a Place to Live.
The Washington Post highlights research on the health and cost-savings benefits of supportive housing.
- Let’s Treat Housing as a Health Issue
Jeff Foreman of Care for the Homeless pens an op-ed in City Limits on health care and supportive housing.