In the Media
As an innovative solution to the problem of chronic homelessness, supportive housing is the regular subject of news stories in New York and across the country. The following articles, videos and blog posts represent just a sample of the recent and/or seminal press related to supportive housing.
- Housing Group Aims to Preserve Gains
The Wall Street Journal highlights the launch of Housing First!, a coalition to preserve and expand the growth of affordable housing in New York.
- Changes Help San Diego Homeless, But Long Road Remains Ahead
NPR covers the remarkable success of a supportive housing program in San Diego.
- Welcome Home
The Lockport Union-Sun and Journal covers the ribbon-cutting ceremony for Lockport Canal Homes.
- Growing Pains
Affordable Housing Finance highlights supportive housing programs for youth aging out of foster care.
- Fight for the Housing Trust Fund
The New York Times supports one of our key federal policy positions: funding the Housing Trust Fund.
- After Foster Care Years, a Woman Becomes a Role Model for Her Sisters
The New York Times' "Neediest Cases" series profiles a supportive housing tenant from New York Foundling.
- Proven Reforms Help Beat Homelessness Even in Tough Times
Bloomberg's news hails supportive housing as the cost-effective solution to homelessness.
- Cory Booker Talks Supportive Housing on “The Daily Show”
Newark Mayor Cory Booker discusses supportive housing and the social safety net with Jon Stewart.
- US Housing Groups Brace for Fiscal Cliff
The Financial Times speaks with the Network about the fiscal cliff and cuts to supportive housing.
- How One Brooklyn Building Shows a Possible Solution for the City’s Homelessness Problem
Post-Sandy, New York Magazine argues for supportive housing as the key to ending homelessness in NYC.