The Network strives to keep its website as up-to-date as possible, with regular updates in news, research, funding and other areas. Below, you'll find a list of the most recent additions to our website.
- OASAS NY/NY III Pop G RFP
OASAS has released a new Request for Proposals for 80 units of NY/NY III for Pop G.
- Proven Homelessness-Fighting Program Loses State Funding, Faces Uncertain Future
The Gotham Gazette writes that more than 60,000 people will spend the night in a New York City homeless shelter tonight. Estimates suggest roughly one-third struggle with untreated mental illness...
- The Opinion Pages: Homeless in New York City, An Unending Crisis
The New York Times writes about the crisis of homelessness that ballooned under Mayor Michael Bloomberg showing no signs of deflating anytime soon under his successor, Bill de Blasio. Nearly 57,000 people were sleeping in city shelters at last count, 24,000 of them children. It was a disaster then. It is a disaster now.
- Uncertain Future for New York Housing Program That Helps Mentally Ill Homeless People
The New York Times reports on a New York City housing program that over two decades has placed thousands of homeless people with mental illnesses and other disabilities in their own apartments.
- Advocate’s Plea: Don’t Blur Line Between Shelters and Supportive Housing
In CityLimits.org, Network Executive Director Laura Mascuch clarifies the distinction between supportive housing and shelters and gives a rousing call for a fully funded NY/NY 4.
- Integrated Healthcare & Supportive Housing: A Report on a PCDC/CSH Market Assessment & Convening
- Housing Credit Policies in 2014 that Promote Supportive Housing
- Ambitious Call for de Blasio, Cuomo to Build Supportive Housing
City Limits reviews Mayor de Blasio's and Governor Cuomo's plans for expanding supportive housing in New York City and New York State.
- Supportive Housing: Solutions Beyond Shelter for the Chronically Homeless
MetroFocus reports on supportive housing in the Bronx, highlighting Palladia's Fox Point and Common Ground's Prince George.
- HCR Releases 2014 Unified Funding Round RFP
NYS Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) has released its annual Unified Funding Round Request for Proposals (RFP) for its Multifamily Capital and Credit Programs.