The Network strives to keep its website as up-to-date as possible, with regular updates in news, research, funding and other areas. Below, you'll find a list of the most recent additions to our website.
- 2016 Conference
On-line registration for this event is now open.
- NYC Coalition on the Continuum of Care Request for Proposals
NYC Coalition on the Continuum of Care Request for Proposals FOR NEW PERMANENT SUPPORTIVE HOUSING PROJECTS In the NYC CCoC FY2015. The deadline for submission is October 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM (NOON). NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED.
- Problems of Housing Mentally Ill People Spill onto the Street
The New York Times reports on the problems with homeless shelters and advocates the need for supportive housing to replace them, as a man from the Fort Washington Armory, a homeless shelter for the mentally ill, attacks a local restaurant owner in Washington Heights.
- 2015 Network Gala
Please join us on Wednesday, October 14th for the Network's annual awards gala at Capitale!
- OASAS NY/NY III Pop G RFP
OASAS has released a new Request for Proposals for 80 units of NY/NY III for Pop G.
- Proven Homelessness-Fighting Program Loses State Funding, Faces Uncertain Future
The Gotham Gazette writes that more than 60,000 people will spend the night in a New York City homeless shelter tonight. Estimates suggest roughly one-third struggle with untreated mental illness...
- The Opinion Pages: Homeless in New York City, An Unending Crisis
The New York Times writes about the crisis of homelessness that ballooned under Mayor Michael Bloomberg showing no signs of deflating anytime soon under his successor, Bill de Blasio. Nearly 57,000 people were sleeping in city shelters at last count, 24,000 of them children. It was a disaster then. It is a disaster now.
- Uncertain Future for New York Housing Program That Helps Mentally Ill Homeless People
The New York Times reports on a New York City housing program that over two decades has placed thousands of homeless people with mental illnesses and other disabilities in their own apartments.
- Advocate’s Plea: Don’t Blur Line Between Shelters and Supportive Housing
In CityLimits.org, Network Executive Director Laura Mascuch clarifies the distinction between supportive housing and shelters and gives a rousing call for a fully funded NY/NY 4.
- Integrated Healthcare & Supportive Housing: A Report on a PCDC/CSH Market Assessment & Convening